Friday, October 20, 2006

Nostalgia

Nostalgia strikes me quite frequently. It begins from the senses getting activated. The eyes see something familiar, the ears hear familiar bells, the nose smells familiar scents, the skin feels a familiar air, either or all of the above.
Specially, listening to music makes some part of my brain recall times when this piece was first heard. And then, from I do not know where, I find myself in the past. Since I have travelled places in a short span of my career, a particular kind of music makes me relate to each of these places. To start with, Bangalore makes me recall fun, frolic, pubs, movies, and studies too. Yes, I was meant to study in Bangalore for a year or so but studies skidded to the bottom of my priority list. No, I did not do it knowingly. For if I had done it knowingly, it would have been a topic of regret now. It is not. That was one of the best times I have ever had since childhood. And now I find myself remembering those times with pride. Come on, life is not just about fulfilling a mission, it is also about friendship, having fun, realizing your mistakes after you have had fun and above all, concentrating on your mission when thse above said distractions exist altogether. What say?

2 comments:

Neeraj said...

I know you had great fun in Bangalore for sure. And also lots of Set-Dosa, Bis-Bele-Bhath & Egg-Aloo-Rolls :-)

JP said...

I've always found memory by smell interesting, unlike memories of images or sounds. It takes me to childhood memories that I cannot "remember", because they are not images and I cannot "visualize" them. But I somehow know they are from my childhood. Need to start smelling roses in my sleep - http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/3/12/90015.shtml