Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My blog from December 2031

It was a few months back when we completed two decades after Watson had defeated it's human competitors. That was a hint of what humanity was going to see in the coming years. People started demanding Watson be brought into common lives for common 'good' and IBM had to agree. Governments sanctioned and sponsored further research and Watson's offsprings and their several 'types' are now being used in every walk of our lives. This took a long time ofcourse but a very little time for technology and science to start living our lives.

One such Watson-kind is right now typing away on my iAssist using Bluebrain, a descendant of the yesteryear technology Bluetooth, which can listen to thoughts, interpret and convert them into text. Well, proofing is not required since it never writes down anyhing which is not meant to be posted. Once approved, again by just a thought signal, the blog will soon be posted after Government agents approve the content. These are not the Men in Black any more, in fact not even men but only software agents which work 24/7 under the purview of the Global Watson Alliance. Don't even get me started on how many are out there.

Today was the day in 2011, I saw on youtube how Watson had won Jeopardy and always wondered if it was just another super computer or a start of a scary future. Well, I can definitely say it is more of the latter than former. The present is scary for people who have lived the 20th century, but business as usual for children and the young of today. We used to take pride in the ownership of 3D HD TVs, Kinects and iPhones. Now, TVs are a thing of the past because what you want to watch is in a device that fits in your pocket, weighs a couple ounces but can project what your brain wants to 'watch', streaming it down through various sources from the 'univ'. The cloud became 'sky' and later the 'univ' because of its vastness. We now don't use devices such as computers and Kinects but only several light-weight gadgets specialized to perform tasks of our daily lives.

I can talk more of gadgets but let me now share something more interesting. Toothbrushes and toothpaste have been a part of our lives since a long time. They were first used in the form of wooden twigs but the concept remained the same when we used plastic brushes or even the vibrating ones from Philips Sonicare series. This morning, I used a 'toothbrush' but I didnt have to hold it and neither use a paste. I sprayed the new Nanocare, closed my mouth, opened it after 2 minutes, breathed out and in a few times and voila! ... my teeth were as bright as light. My mouth felt fresh as mint and Nanocare guarantees it will remain so for 36 hours at stretch. Now, Nanocare is a spray consisting of intelligent nano particles which enter my mouth, attack the germs, work on my enamel, break down clinging food into nano sized particles, and after two minutes, wait for my first breath out. That is when all of the intelligent particles come out of my mouth, a few of the mint flavored ones staying behind for 36 hours, find their way to the drain and bid me farewell. After a few free trials, I have ordered for a lifetime supply for only 1000 bucks.

Well, I can go on telling you about the changes life has gone through over the past few years but let us take a break for now. Hope you get this post soon although that is an oxymoron in itself since am sending this blog back in time to give away the knowledge of the inventions of tomorrow. Well, now that we have been successful in sending digital messages back and forth in time, time travel for humans is just around the corner.

No comments: